Thursday, January 27, 2011

Apologies to all Australian's!!!!

Australia Day - It comes around every year on January 26th. And much like Waitangi day back home, it's all about celebrating the wonderful country we live in and what it means to be Australian (or kiwi who's lived here 10 years, so same as :-) )
Plan's were made - Little bit of yard work, get some meat, swim in pool, drink alcohol and cook BBQ.
Sounded great didn't it!!!!
The actual day went very very different. It started the night before, when I decided that I would do something a little different and wait up for Hubby when he arrived home from night shift at 1.30am. So to keep myself occupied, I did the house work - vacumned, mopped, dusted, dishes, washing you name it, it was done.
Was gettin very weary about 11.30pm and being that I'd done enough housework and it was fairly warm out, I went for a swim, rum in hand. Was lovely.
Got a little tired about 12.30am but hung in there and once hubby arrived home (who by the way didn't believe I'd make it), we chatted, watched a bit of tv, and then retired about 3am. So I've now been up 21 hours.

Well awoke at 8.30am to the TV blaring while young son decided he'd had enough sleep. So that was the end of the sleep in. However was very tired, so we set out to the shops to get the last of the meat etc for the bbq. And another case of Rum for the drinking session of the afternoon.

We got home around lunch time, had hot dogs and then sat in front of the TV, well after American Pie, 1 and 2, I decided that it may be time for a little lay down. BIG mistake.

5pm, I arose .... Australia day, what Australia day - I'd missed it. So I cracked my first drink at 5.15pm and was not in the mood to go on the bender that I had planned.
So the family and I had a small bbq just for us. And we were all in bed by 9.30pm

So, sorry guys, I let the team down - can't go calling myself Australian yet can I..........
Better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment