Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cyclone Yasi

Well we weathered the storm. Not that much head our way. We were the lucky ones at the southern most tip of the cyclone.
Yesterday was nuts, there were people everywhere in the morning buying up generators, masking tape, supplies, gas etc. It was good to see, as everyone was taking it seriously.
My concern is that because we didn't get much from this one, that people will start getting complacent the next time we get a warning. The Mackayite's (god love 'em) never seem to think it will hit. And I hope it never does.....
But the day we stop preparing will be the day that it does pick Mackay and will leave no parishioner's. I for one will continue to tape up my windows, fill my water bottles, plan my escape route and generally take each warning seriously.
I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of Mother Nature for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment